Outeiro Tuías – Manor House
One of our top picks in Marco de Canaveses. The 17th century Outeiro Tuías – Manor House is located in Tuías, Marco de Canaveses. The quiet and historical property features an outdoor swimming pool surrounded by a lush green garden area.The rooms feature access to a balcony overlooking the garden. The units include access to private bathroom facilities with bathrobes, free toiletries and a hairdryer. Featuring free WiFi, the accommodations are decorated in regional and antique furniture.Guests can try the local cuisine in one of the many restaurants available in the surrounding area, most accessible within a 1.9 mi radius. Marco de Canaveses center is a 7-minute drive and features several shops, cafés and restaurants.Porto center is a 45-minute drive and features several well-known landmarks such as the Clérigos Tower, Dom Luis Bridge or the Port Wine cellars. Amarante is a 25-minute drive away while Lixa is a 28-minute drive. The Tâmega riverside is 1.9 mi away and has spots for kayak rental as well as several pedestrian routes.Porto International Airport is a 42-minute drive from Outeiro Tuías – Manor House. Douro Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is a 45-minute drive away. Private parking is available at the property.
- Special atmosphere, wonderful hosts, generous extras, beautiful surroundings and rooms. A very unique and fun experience. Romantic
- Extremely unique and has a great deal of family history. It is off the beaten path and beautiful.
- We had a fantastic stay in this charming, beautifully preserved building. Hosted by a warm and lovely couple who, together with all the staff, did everything to make us feel at home. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, and breakfast was superb!
- The owners are kind, friendly and super helpful! It feels like home! The property is amazing! Clean, comfortable and the garden and the pool area are breath taking. The breakfast is reach and diverse. Everything is fresh and yummy! The nearest town is 5 min away and has lots of places to eat and drink. We will come back in the future For easy Navigation use Google maps and not Waze.
- Lovely couple with a manor thats been in the family for over 400 years. Pool is great and the winery that was owned by the family vino verde is amazing.
Palacete do Conselheiro – Guesthouse
Decorated with a vintage influence, this guest house is in Mondim de Basto, 27 mi from Braga. There is free WiFi.The property presents a capacity of 10 rooms,double and family, each with private bathroom. The house also has a living area.Within a short 10-minute drive are Fisgas of Ermelo, here guests can enjoy many activities like hiking, guided tours, water sports and parasailing. Guimarães is 18 mi from Casa do Conselheiro, while Geres is 24 mi away. Porto Airport is 50 mi from the property.
- Its a beautiful and comfortable place to stay right in the city centre of Mondim. The pool is small but nice for a Lyn relaxing afternoon. The breakfast was good and served on the terrace. They have implemented several COVID19 measures
- Very good location, friendly stuff, clean place, safe, and very good breakfast
- Very friendly and helpfull staff Paola, parking space, easy access, great unique ambiance.
- The staff was really friendly and provided helpful guidance for our stay. They were all lovely.
- Mostly the staff, everybody was super friendly and nice, also the room was impeccable, clean and neat, the pool area was amazing, and overall fantastic.
Casas do Eido e Casa da Viúva
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a sun terrace, Casas do Eido offers accommodations in Celorico de Basto, 39 mi from Braga. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Certain units include views of the mountain or garden. A flat-screen TV is offered.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Bike hire is available at this guest house and the area is popular for hiking. Guimarães is 19 mi from Casas do Eido, while Geres is 36 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Porto Airport, 54 mi from Casas do Eido.
- The people, the place. Fantastic breakfast. Fruit from the garden. Perfect.
- Everything was amazing! The casa located in a beautiful farm with pastoralic view. The hospitality is great, Tereza and her sister are the nicest super helpful and kind.We well recommend to ask for a tour at the farm, which we discover to have interesting story behind.We also enjoyed from their wine and breakfast.Very recommened!!!
- This was truly an amazing place run by two remarkable sisters. They looked after us so very well, nothing was too much trouble. We learnt from them the history of the place we stayed which always makes it more interestingThe accommodation was excellent, beautifully appointed bedroom, very spacious and kept immaculately clean,There was a fridge and they supplied us with a kettle ..we had a complimentary bottle of water and bowl of fresh fruit. There were fresh flowers on the table to welcome us. The bathroom had a walk in shower and adequate toiletries.Plenty of chairs to sit on with a little table ..There was a lounge to relax..The breakfast was delicious, bread, jams, hams and cheese, yoghourts, fresh fruit, delicious home made cake and best of all…the coffee. the best ever…A table and chairs outside for relaxing…
- Beautifully restored farm cottage with every comfort on a gorgeous property extremely kind and welcoming owners.
- Simpatia das anfitris, a limpeza, o conforto, o pequeno almoo soberbo, tudo excelente! Nada a apontar. Obrigada
Casa De Canilhas
Overlooking the Douro River, this Portuguese house offers free Wi-Fi and air-conditioned rooms. Casa De Canilhas has an outdoor pool with a sun-lounger terrace. There is also a living room with a bar and fireplace.Wooden floors and plush rugs are featured in De Canilhas’s rooms. Each has a traditional décor and includes a TV set. Private bathrooms are equipped with toiletries and a hairdryer.Homemade jams and freshly baked cakes are served as part of the authentic Portuguese breakfast. Casa De Canilhas’s garden provides a nice setting to enjoy after-meal drinks.Rental bikes are available to explore the Douro Valley, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The hotel’s staff can help arrange river cruises, dinner reservations, wine tastings and guided tours of the vineyards.Public parking is available in the area. Parking at Casa De Canilhas is only available at night and at an extra cost.
- The view from the room is absolutely stunning even during winter, the staff is very friendly and helpful and the breakfast is way above what youd expect from such a small hotel
- The best view in the Duoro Valley. We looked around the area and kept going back to enjoy this perfectly lovely place. Could not be beat. The welcome and orientation were very kind and helpful. Breakfast in the beautiful dining room was delicious and ample. Our room was very conformable and had an amazing view of the valley and we enjoyed sitting by the fire on a chilly night.
- This place is almost perfect. The view. The staff. The house. The rooms. Breakfaat.
- Location , environment , welcoming staff.Great breakfast.
- Our room was very beautiful, comfortable, clean and had a stellar view. Staff was friendly and helpful. Email inquiry was responded to quickly and cordially. Breakfast was wonderful with lots of choices and good coffee. And couldnt ask for a better breakfast view sitting on the porch looking down across the valley and river. Highly recommend. Would have liked to stay a few more days.
Quinta Da Ventuzela
Overlooking the Douro River, this hotel in Cinfães is located on a large estate with a garden and swimming pool. Regional cuisine and countryside picnics can be arranged upon request.The air-conditioned rooms and apartments at Quinta Da Ventuzela come with a satellite TV. Each accommodations type has a private bathroom and wooden furniture.A continental breakfast is served in the living room of Quinta Da Ventuzela, which is decorated with antique furniture and charming lamps. There is also a winter garden and a TV lounge.Outdoor activities such as canoeing and hiking are possible from the Quinta. Alternatively, guests can drive up to the Mosteirô Train Station, 15 minutes away, for a tour with a 19th-century steam train.Free parking is available at the quinta. The owners can arrange massages, fishing tours and BBQs in the garden.
- The setting was idyllic!! The view from every angle of the property was beautiful. High attention to detail on the artistic decor and friendliness of the staff was amazing! After 4 glorious nights we were very sad to leave.
- The experience created by the hosts, starting wih the stylish furnishing of the old quinta, the beautiful location on the hill with view on the Douro valley and the delicious breakfast in the morning. A great place to spend a few days.
- Very interesting place surrounded by greenery and with fabulous view over the Douro river. Lourdes and Vicente we loved our stay at your quinta and your efforts to make our stay unforgettable. Thank you.
- Lourdes and Vicente were incredibly welcoming. Property is quaint and the view is heaven. It feels like home. Best part was buying wine and cheese at local market and spend the night looking at Porto river
- Charming old house furnished with care even fresh flowers!. Friendly hosts. Quiet and relaxing location in the country overlooking the Douro River. Fabulous breakfast.
Aldeia do Tâmega
Located in Amarante inside Amarante Water Park, 31 mi from Porto, Aldeia do Tâmega features a sauna and water sports facilities. Braga is 43 mi away. Free WiFi is offered.The accommodations is equipped with a TV. Some units have a terrace and/or balcony. There is a private bathroom with a bath or shower in every unit. The aparthotel offers free private parking on-siteGuests can purchase tickets to access the Water Park at a discounted rate which also enable guests to skip the queues.The area is popular for golfing, cycling and hiking. Guimarães is 31 mi from Aldeia do Tâmega. The nearest airport is Porto Airport, 31 mi from the property.
- The lady who helped us to do the check in at reception was really nice with us.
- Awesome place. Could go back any day. We did not get time to use all the facilties but would love to go back and do so. Fantastic place. Big area for games too, lovely gardens. Parking and friendly staff
- um stio muito bom para passar em famlia especialmente se tiver crianas. lindo.
- A D. Clia muito prestativa e simptica, muito profissional.
- Simpatia da senhora que nos recebeu casa maravilhosa muito prtica com todas as comodidades . Muito bom recomendo vivamente
Quinta Das Escomoeiras
Located on the banks of the Tamega River, Quinta Das Escomoeiras offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and forests. Facilities include free bicycle rental and an outdoor swimming pool.The rooms of Quinta Das Escomoeiras are individually decorated and feature parquet floors and wooden furniture. All rooms have an private bathroom. Some rooms have a private balcony.Every morning, a continental breakfast is served. Quinta Das Escomoeiras’ bar offers a variety of local and international drinks.The nearby Tamega River provides excellent opportunities for fishing and canoeing. Guests can also take a stroll through Quinta Das Escomoeiras’ vineyards, or enjoy a wine tasting at the winery.Celorico de Basto’s town center is 5.4 mi from Quinta Das Escomoeiras, and the Alvão Natural Park is 24 mi away.
- The hospitality you receive at this property is amazing, and Fernando is the most friendly and kind host. We loved the charm and ambience of the place and its beautiful views. It is a place to relax and chill and appreciate life. You can even count the stars at night.
- Such an amazing location the rooms with the carefully selected mix of vintage furniture, the views from the breakfast terrace pool, the vineyard surrounding the property 5 stars for everything. Not to forget the great wine that Mr. Fernando produces we enjoyed more than one bottle on the terrace. Mr. Fernando, you and your team are just wonderful!
- Incredibly friendly owner, and it is just an amazing place to be beautiful surroundings, beautiful buildings, very skilfully done.
- Sometimes only sometimes you find a special placeThis is one!
- Fernandos vineyard is amazing. Book it! Awesome landscape, great breakfast and his wines are delicious. Well come back for sure
Casas Rosa Sousa
Located in Felgueiras, Casas Rosa Sousa has accommodations with private terraces. Among the facilities at this property are a shared kitchen and room service, along with free WiFi throughout the property. The property provides a shared lounge and an ATM for guests.All guest rooms features air conditioning, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a microwave, an electric tea pot, a bidet, a hairdryer and a desk. All rooms come with a coffee machine, while selected rooms here will provide you with a patio and others also have garden views. At the guesthouse all rooms are equipped with a seating area.Guests at Casas Rosa Sousa can enjoy a buffet breakfast.Braga is 29 miles from the accommodation, while Guimarães is 17 miles away. The nearest airport is Francisco Sá Carneiro, 33 miles from Casas Rosa Sousa, and the property offers a paid airport shuttle service.
- The location and the apartment was perfect. Close to everything even though Felgueiras is small. Nice local Square in front of the resident.Everything was perfect. Nice hosts, good location and clean resident. We will definitely come back here!!
- We cannot recommend this property highly enough. We stayed in a beautiful suite which is finished and decorated to a superior level, With stunning design features and custom art work that reflects the traditions of the local area.The staff have gone above and beyond to make our stay a positive experience. Our suite has every facility you would expect plus many added extras.The continental breakfast had some of the freshest, sweet tasting croissants weve ever had. The hotel owners also run the cake shop below and left us a gift of fresh Portuguese cakes which my son loves. We definitely recommend a visit to the cake shop, the cakes are truly amazing. This property is very close to Braga and Guimaraes and having stayed in hotels in both of these locations, in future we will return here and travel the short distance by car to the surrounding areas. We have loved this stay so much, We are already planning our next stay.Thank you so much to the owners for your amazing hospitality.
- The staff was very comprehensive and kind. The facilities were great and clean. The breakfast was great as well but it could have more cheese slices available.
- Bon accueilPersonnel disponible lcouteNous avons apprci notre sjour bientt
- O conforto sensacional e a casa bem elegante.Atendimento excelente vindo, tanto dos proprietrios, como funcionrios.
Quinta de Marnotos
Quinta de Marnotos is today a property used for rural tourism, constituted by four stone built farmhouses, with more than 200 hundred year old, which nestle between hills and valleys and have been completely restored and reequiped in order to provide you with everything you might need for a memorable stay.You can go for long walks in totally natural surroundings where the sound of birds, water flowing from stone fountains everywhere and the carefully maintained vegetation unite to create an environment of absolute peace and tranquility.An excellent swimming-pool has been built and the four houses were refitted for your comfort. The houses have a park for your exclusive use.Beyond the swimming-pool, we also have available to all guests, a laundry, gardens, a small forest and porches.
- Incredible hospitality, cosy upper level lodge with gorgeous terrace overlooking the valley
- We had such a great time. We are a couple with little baby, had 3 nights at the amazing villa with great private gardenJose was really nice and gave us all the information we need about what to do in the area. Also relaxing next to the swimming pool was a pleasure We hope to come back again
- The surroundings are amazing, pure nature and peace! Perfect to rest!
- This is a great place with beautuful views, welldesigned villas and a swimming pool. The hosts are great people, very communicative and pleasant, offering every assistance you might need. A place one would like to return to again and again.
- Beautiful view. Great location. Friendly service. Nice well looked after pool area. Perfect place to go if you want to wind down.
Casa do Almocreve
At the gateway of the Douro wine region, this Portuguese house, surrounded by gardens and mountain views, provides quality accomodation in the Douro region. Casa do Almocreve is 1.9 mi from the Eça de Queiroz House-Museum, and has a restaurant and an outdoor pool.Rooms are modern and have an elegant décor alluding to the rural activities of the area. The private, tiled bathrooms come with a shower or bath and free toiletries.Everyday a breakfast buffet is served. For lunch and dinner, guests can order traditional dishes prepared in the wood-burning ovens of the restaurant. On hot days, drinks and refreshments can be served by the pool.Staff at Almocreve can help organize activities for guests. Guests can relax in the living room, with a fireplace, pool and table games. An outdoor swimming pool and vegetable garden are also available for a break after a match in the tennis court.Portela do Gôve Belvedere offers panoramic views of the Douro Valley and is a 3-minute walk away. Francisco Sá Carneiro International Airport is 48 mi away through A4 motorway. Aregos Train Station is 3.7 mi away, offering links through Douro Valley to Porto’s Campanhã Train Station.
- The restaurant decor was charming as well as the hotel. Loved that it was so quiet and relaxing.
- Very friendly owner and staff. Very cozy, comfortable, calm and lovely hotel. Very nice garden, very good breakfast. Great place for relaxing. Good for families with kids.
- The hosts were very friendly and helpful. The place is very clean and comfortable. It looks and feels like home.We arrived in December… It was very cold.Brrr.. But there is a wooden fireplace in the living room and heating in the rooms.We will be back when it is warmer and go for a swim in the swimming pool.Thank you for such a warm welcome. Our 2 kids enjoyed the stay as much as we did
- The accommodation was marvellous, a log fire, pool table and cosy seats in the lounge every comfort and facility in the rooms. Very fast internet connection throughout. We ate in the restaurant each day to a super menu. The owner and her staff were generous with their help and assistance.
- Very creatively set out, the property is high above Douro valley, and a wonderfully peaceful setting
Looking for: Best Hotels in Madalena