Sunset Sea Breeze
Facing the beachfront in Madalena do Mar, Sunset Sea Breeze features a garden and a terrace. The property provides a 24-hour front desk, airport transportation, a shared kitchen and free WiFi throughout the property.Guest rooms in the guesthouse are equipped with air conditioning, a seating area, a TV with cable channels, a kitchen, a dining area and a private bathroom with a hairdryer, a bidet and a shower. Each room includes an electric tea pot, while selected rooms contain a patio and others also offer garden views. The rooms will provide guests with a closet and a coffee machine.Funchal is 17 miles from Sunset Sea Breeze, while São Vicente is 16 miles away. The nearest airport is Cristiano Ronaldo Madeira International Airport, 27 miles from the accommodation.
- Excellent location with great view over the water and the towering cliff. Well presented large light airy room with sofa and beautiful garden outside with table and chairs also. Lovely welcoming people who arranged transfer from airport. Excellent restaurant a few hundred metres away A Poita and others also walking distance but watch out for Monday closing. Kitchen available but need a car to go to the shop in next village which is worthwhile if you want to stay a while would be very easy to stay a long while! Well prepared info on levadas for walkers.
- GREAT PLACE,GREAT ,VERY FRIENDLY OWNERS! THANK YOU FOR YOUR HOSPITALITY WE WERE STAYING BY YOU 2 NIGHTS,22/424/4 THIS YEAR
- The place is just wonderful. Your room opens on a little garden with a direct view on the sea. You can spend your day enjoying the sun, the sound of the waves, and watch the sunset while having a drink.Had we more time, we wouldve stayed longer.We had great advice from our host on where to go, where to eat and what to do in the surroundings.
- Wir hatten ein Appartment und haben das Frhstck selber zubereitet. Hierfr stand uns eine Auenkche zur Verfgung, die keine Wnsche offen lie. Der Garten hinter dem Anwesen mit direktem Blick auf den Atlantik war einfach umwerfend und sicher ein Highlight. Adriana und Sasha waren hervorragende Gastgeber, die auch in Zukunft ganz sicher wieder weit oben auf der Liste unserer Urlaubsunterknfte stehen werden.
- Die Vermieter waren sehr zuvorkommend und haben uns tolle Tipps fr Wanderungen geben knnen. Im Appartement hat es an nichts gefehlt und die Badewanne war toll! Die Kche hatten wir fr uns. Falls das zweite Appartement auch vermietet ist, wird die Kche geteilt. Es war sogar l fr den Salat vorhanden. Der Garten ist mit Liegen ausgestattet und der Blick aufs Meer und den Berg hat uns wunderbar gefallen. Derzeit ist nebenan eine Baustelle, die aber berhaupt nicht gestrt hat. Sunset Breeze ist ebenfalls auch ein gute Ausgangspunkt fr die tollen Wanderungen, die man auf Madeira unternehmen kann. Wir hatten einen Mietwagen und der parkte sehr bequem direkt neben dem Haus. Wir kommen auf jeden Fall wieder!
Located in Madalena do Mar, Quinta Ribeira has a garden and a terrace. There’s a grill and guests can use free WiFi and free private parking.The guesthouse comes with a seating area, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a kitchen, a dining area and a private bathroom with a hairdryer and a shower. Rooms have an electric tea pot, while certain rooms come with a patio and others also feature garden views. The rooms have a closet.Guests at Quinta Ribeira will be able to enjoy activities in and around Madalena do Mar, like hiking.Funchal is 18 miles from the accommodation, while São Vicente is 17 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Cristiano Ronaldo Madeira International Airport, 29 miles from Quinta Ribeira.
No reviews yet.
Casas Maravilha is a property made of recycled wooden pallets, glass and other recycled and sustainable materials. Immerse in lush vegetation, the it is located in Madeira Island, 4.2 mi from Calheta Beach.This unit is surrounded by agriculture and a few farm animals and includes a double room, a kitchenette and a bathroom with a shower. It offers free WiFi access.Guests can explore Madeira Aquarium in Porto Moniz, 21 mi away, and enjoy a walk in one of the Levadas.Guests are close to the main road, and Funchal is 23 mi from the Casas Maravilha. Madeira International Airport is within a 50-minute drive.
- Creatively funky property with lots of quirky, imaginative details and a commitment to environmental responsibility. Beautiful location high up in the hills. Fresh eggs from the chickens and vegetables from the garden. Levada walks nearby. Would recommend our room in the main guest house as spacious and comfortable.
- A welcome package of home grown products, like salad, eggs and fresh fruits. The private terrace with a hammock and a barbecue place was very nice. The private parking place directly in front of the house.
- A very individual and relaxing place. The whole concept speaks for itself. We loved the nature, the garden. The cabana, our little house, had everything you need. A cosy room, small kitchen, private garden.The owner welcomed us with a basket of fresh fruits and eggs from the land.Very magical place
- Beautiful accomodation and really lovely staff, made us feel welcome the entire time. Will def be returning!
- Very warm welcome,fresh fruit and vegetables to pick, good beds and privacy in a magical place! You will this peaceful quiet area 15 minutes drive up a mountain from Calheta.
Quinta do Cabouco
One of our top picks in Ribeira Brava. Quinta do Cabouco is a manor-house built in the 18th century, which was renovated and enlarged while maintaining its original features. The Madeira guest house features accommodations in double rooms.This hilltop location has rooms featuring a sofa and seating area. It also includes a private bathroom with free toiletries and an Ocean view. Around the house, there’s a large organic garden, full of fruit trees and vegetables.Breakfast is included in the room rate.Guests may prepare their own meals in the equipped communal kitchen at their disposal. The house also has a dining area and a communal lounge with sofas.Quinta do Cabouco is a 5-minute drive from the nearest beach. The center of Funchal is a 22-minute drive and features restaurants, bars and shops. Madeira International Airport is a 30-minute drive from Quinta do Cabouco.
- We spent a wonderful week at Quinta do Cabouco. After a very hospitable welcome, we were allowed to stay in a comfortable and stylistically beautifully furnished room, which bore the signature of the hostess, and were released into the day with a breakfast with fruits from the own garden. The house is very elegantly furnished and offers the possibility for a wonderful evening in front of the fireplace, the preparation of the own meals in the house kitchen and to stay in various lounges or on the balconies or terraces. Surrounded by a beautiful garden you can enjoy the view of the area and the sea and let your soul dangle in the wind. We will surely come back, not only because from this place, one can easily get to all sightseeings and hiking destinations, but also because after our expeditions we repeatedely liked to come back to the Quinta do Cabouco in order to finish the day in a pleasant atmosphere.
- Beautiful old but completely up to date property on the slopes with fantastic views to the Atlantic Ocean. You have access to a fully equipped kitchen and living rooms and balcony.Convenient location to hiking trails and Funchal, the capital city of the island.
- The landlady is hospitablity incarnated. From the lovely Bolo de Mel and Madeira wine at our arrival, to the fruits and vegetables from her garden she shared with het guests.The accomodation is perfect. With a kitchen, a terras and a balcony the guests can share. Plus eating room, sitting room, the garden….. It is a little paradise and we felt reallly spoiled there.Also, the quinta has an authentic atmosphere and is decorated with much love and an eye for detail.
- Accommodation was fantastic. Filomena, the owner, was excellent
- buitengewoon vriendelijk, uitstekend verzorgd en schoon en heerlijk ontbijt. Echt warm en gastvrij
Quinta das Vinhas
One of our top picks in Calheta. Quinta das Vinhas is made of a 17th century house, 2 outdoor pools and small houses spread through the property, filled with vineyards. It is located in Calheta, Madeira Island.The 1st floor of the manor house includes the old kitchen, adapted now to a dining room but having kept the original water filter and bread oven. There are 6 bedrooms for the guests in this house. The old chapel was converted into a reading room.The houses feature a kitchenette where guests can prepare their own meals. Alternatively, a buffet breakfast and dinner can be served in the manor house, upon prior request.The terrace with benches and centenary oak trees provides a tranquil setting for relaxation. Quinta das Vinhas organizes wine tastings and guided tours to its wine cellars and the vineyards.Funchal is 22 mi from Quinta das Vinhas, and Madeira Airport is a 45-minute drive.
- Very nice hotel, good atmosphere. Good Breakfast, nice view, romantic garden. A perfect place to visit as a couple. I was travelling alone. Would recommend to visit this place together, or for honeymoon.Please note that there are 2 locations 1 is the hotel, te other place are the cottages. I went to the wrong place, but when I called the hotel, they picked me up thats hospitality!!If you dont want to go out for dinner you van have dinner in the hotel.
- It was a beautifully restored and historic Quinta ….with great views and wonderful nearby walks,one on a levada . The staff was very helpful and when I had a credit card issue , they allowed to use all the facities of their office to solve my problrm. The meals were quite fabulous as well.
- Fantastic location, staff were amazing, food was delicious
- Comfy bed, nice room, good breakfast, nice gardens. The minimarket bars up the street with more extensive drinks menus.
- Beautiful location, with breakfasts outside overlooking the vineyard and the sea. The accommodation and staff were excellent.
Residencial Mariazinha by Petit Hotels
One of our best sellers in Funchal! Spread across 2 adjacent historic buildings, this renovated property is located in the heart of Funchal, 1,000 feet from the St. James Fort and the Electricity Museum. It features air-conditioned accommodations, a bar and an interior patio.The main building, Mariazinha, offers a suite and 9 spacious bedrooms, all equipped with a cable TV, air conditioning and a private bathroom. In this building, guests will find a shared living room with a bar, a business center and the interior patio. Free WiFi is available in all public areas.The adjacent building, located 650 feet away, offers 6 air-conditioned rooms, all fitted with a flat-screen TV with cable channels and a private bathroom with a walk-in shower. Certain units have a seating area and guests will find tea and coffee facilities in the room.The reception staff can arrange car rentals and offers a daily ironing service. The Barreirinha sea resort is a 5-minute walk away from the guest house. The Cable Car of Monte and a bus stop can be found within a 2-minute walk. Free public parking is available.
- Staff was absolutely amazing! The location was perfect
- We had a wonderful restaurant immediately across the road, Le Jardin. We ate there every night. Lovely food and great value for money. The hotel was small and friendly, just the sort we like. Veronica on reception was extremely helpful and knowledgeable.
- Very good staff attitude. Veronica the proprietor? was very helpful and informative.Central location.Decent breakfast.Excellent value for money.
- Excellent service from all the staff the apartments were first class with a excellent location easy to find excellent for walking to restaurants bars shops and transport
- Great place to stay, it is a lovely small hotel with helpful and caring receptionists. Ive got an upgrade into the suite and had a very lucky stay in Funchal.
Apart Monumental offers accommodations in Palmeira. Apart Monumental features views of the sea and is 2.5 mi from Funchal.There is a seating area, a dining area and a kitchen equipped with a toaster. Towels and bed linen are featured in this self-catering accommodations. Other facilities at Apart Monumental include a barbecue.Car hire is available at the property and the area is popular for hiking. São Vicente is 12 mi from Apart Monumental, while São Jorge is 12 mi away. The nearest airport is Madeira Airport, 11 mi from the property.
- The hosts were very nice and brought us fresh bread/pastries a couple times. The view from the unit of the ocean is spectacular.
- It is more a guest house than hotel. Family owned and the host was very warm and welcoming.Room simple but comfortable, shared kitchen in a great shared garden overlooking banana plantation and the sea.Close to the Funchal but already far enough to feel outside of the city.We loved the place and can recommend it for couples.
- I could not ask for more! The hosts are doing everything and more, cant thank enough for the beautiful time.
- The view from the balcony and the terrace. How welcoming and friendly the owners are, How easy to park, get to the motorway and how closed the beach and supermarket were. Also, the shared kitchen is big and well equiped.We were welcomed with a basket of fruit, tea and sandwiches for dinner as we were required to stay indoors until we got the Covid19 test result. Really an amazing experience and an amazing island
- Madeira atmosphere. Friendly personnel. Nice property. Banana plants. Cleanness. Really spacious room and the bathroom. Good bed. 2 km by walk away from Churchill bay with its nice restaurants. Shopping and sites to visit are reachable mostly by bus or taxi. Nice and spacious openair kitchen.
Villa Amore Accommodation
Offering a sun terrace and views of the sea, Villa Amore Accommodations is set in Paul do Mar in the Madeira Islands Region, a 5-minute walk from the beach and 20 mi from Funchal.Each room has a flat-screen TV with cable channels and a seating area where you can relax. A terrace or balcony with sea views is also featured. Rooms include a private bathroom equipped with a bath or shower.Villa Amore Accommodations also features a traditional pastry shop.The property also offers car hire. São Vicente is 11 mi from Villa Amore Accommodations, while São Jorge is 19 mi away. Madeira Airport is 27 mi from the property.
- The ocean view from the apartment was fabulous we loved to sit on the terrace looking at the view/reading and listening to the waves. Very relaxing. Our hosts were extremely welcoming and friendly and great fun! The apartment was very clean and provided everything that we needed. Restaurants were only a short walk away for evening meals but the Villa Amore was able to provide a selection of pastries, sandwiches. coffee etc during the day time. Also able to provide snacks to take out which was useful. We loved Madeira our first visit and Villa Amore it will definitely not be our last!
- Very pleasant staff. Great apartment with a nice little terrace with a great ocean view. Maybe I would say something else, if I had neighbours, but we were in low season. I recommend breakfast in the cafe/bakery or what it was located on the ground floor of villa. This is definitely a place where I would return during the next visit of Madeira Island. Thank you!
- Quiet resort lovely spacious apartment with balcony sea views, above a bakery.
- Welcome by Elaine, exceptional. Very comfortable bed. The view of the ocean from the balcony
- The rooms are airy and spacey, and theres a fridge, kettle/coffee, cups and glasses, which is great. Its nice to have a bathtub and a big balcony with a view too. Theres also a lounge, and the bakerys nice. We just wish theyd had some savoury stuff too, like a readymade baguette or a breakfast plate egg, cheese and bread rolls, for instance.
Maison Zita offers accommodations in Sítio do Lameiro, in the Estreito da Calheta area, 3.1 mi from Calheta Beach.There is a living room at the property, fitted with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, and certain rooms feature a seating area for your convenience. Some rooms also have views of the sea or mountain.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.A selection of activities are offered in the area, such as fishing and hiking. Funchal is 17 mi from Maison Zita, while São Vicente is 8.7 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Madeira Airport, 24 mi from the property.
- Great place. Peaceful location with excellent views. Large, clean apartment. Nice terrace/balcony.
- The host prepared us a very nice present for Christmas. They live close and if we needed anything we could call them. The view is amazing from the kitchen, the living room and the bedroom too ocean and mountains. Well equipped kitchen. We had a really nice a peaceful holiday here with no direct neighbors.
- Quietly atmosphere, wonderful panorama, a hospitable and clean house, with good facilities. A very agreeable hostess. Thank you again for a very pleasant staying!
- The host was very kind and helpfull. The house was well equiped, clean and in a quiet area. The view over the sea and the mountains was beautiful and the accommodation is near to Rabacal and the museum Mudas of Temporary Art in Calheta.
- Situation au top pour rayonner sur la cote ouest et le plateau. Petite plage pour le retour de rando ! Accueil super et appartement bien amnag.
Super Penthouse Ocean View
Located in Arco da Calheta, Super Penthouse Ocean View provides accommodations with private terraces. Free WiFi is available and private parking can be arranged at an extra charge.The guesthouse has a seating area, a flat-screen TV with cable channels, a kitchen, a dining area and a private bathroom with a hairdryer, a bidet and a bath. Each room has a coffee machine, while selected rooms come with a balcony and others also offer garden views. Guest rooms will provide guests with a closet and an electric tea pot.Funchal is 20 miles from Super Penthouse Ocean View, while São Vicente is 19 miles away. The nearest airport is Cristiano Ronaldo Madeira International, 30 miles from the accommodation, and the property offers a paid airport shuttle service.
No reviews yet.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Madalena do Mar